Effective 18 November 2012, six Dysons bus routes in the Broadmeadows and Glenroy areas had revised timetables to improve connections with Craigieburn line train services. These are all former Northern Bus Lines services and in many cases were the first timetable change since the takeover in July 2008:
- 534 (Glenroy – Coburg)
- 536 (Glenroy – Gowrie)
- 538 (Somerset Estate – Broadmeadows)
- 540 (Broadmeadows – Upfield)
- 541 (Broadmeadows – Roxburgh Park)
- 542 (Oak Park – Roxburgh Park)
Among the changes:
- 534 had its end-to-end running times cut from 40 minutes to 33 minutes, reducing the time the bus dwells mid-trip at Merlynston Station due to early arrivals.
- 541 & 542 were swapped around in Meadow Heights between Meadow Heights Shopping Centre & Barry Rd – 541 now operates through the western half of the suburb & 542 will operate through the eastern half close to Pascoe Vale Rd & Coolaroo Station.
- 541 continues to operate along Pascoe Vale Rd between Barry Rd & Broadmeadows Station. 542 still operates via through back-streets in Broadmeadows North however has been streamlined to
- 542 has been streamlined through Glenroy & Jacana
- 542 now bypasses Oak Park Station, instead continuing south to Pascoe Vale Station via Devon Rd, Northumberland Rd & Gaffney St. This was recommended by one of the bus reviews due to the large hill on Gaffney St making the short walk from the station difficult.
- 541 & 542 also received frequency changes. On weekdays, 541 was boosted to operate every 20 minutes until 1930 weekdays (previously a lumpy 20 – 25 minute frequency), strengthening the role of serving residential areas away from the train line. Service levels on 542 were downgraded from a lumpy 25 – 30 minute frequency to every 40 minutes, reflecting the route acts as local service parallel to the Craigieburn line, now operating within the walking distance of all eight stations between Pascoe Vale & Roxburgh Park!
- On Saturdays, both routes now run every 40 minutes (formerly every 35 minutes on 541 / lumpy 35 – 40 minutes on 542) to better co-ordinate with trains.
- Sunday service on 541 is also every 40 minutes (was 35 minutes), while 542 continues to operate hourly between Broadmeadows & Roxburgh Park only.