From Graeme Cleak’s route history notes until 1990:
ROUTE 465 ESSENDON – EAST KEILOR – KEILOR PARK
Another original route of 1925, Route 17A. In March 1930 it was extended to Nimmo St. By October 1948 the operator was Red Motor Bus Service (Grant) who in 1952 had been joined by Memery. In January 1955 H & M Memery took over.
Barnes Bus Service had bought the route by November 1959, who linked it to Route 39 to form Flemington Bridge – Moonee Ponds – Essendon – West Essendon – Keilor. However, the extension was short lived, as Route 17A had re-emerged by January 1963 as Moonee Ponds – Essendon – West Essendon, now operated by G & E Hills.
The extension to Moonee Ponds ceased during the 1960s and Hill’s sold to Ryan Bros Bus Service on 5/1/1970. The route was renumbered Route 465 in 1971.